It’s fall and the time of year when pumpkin spice everything makes its appearance. And we mean, EVERYTHING.
Who hasn’t had a craving for pumpkin spiced Roundup? Or pumpkin spiced Spam?
Our hands shot up so quickly we think we damaged the ligaments in our shoulders.
But these products got us thinking (which can be dangerous…). What is it about pumpkin spice that makes people seek it out with such zeal and passion? How could pumpkin spiced Spam sell out in less than seven hours?
Pumpkin spice invokes positive feelings and emotions. Maybe it’s the chill in the air. Or perhaps it’s the thoughts of family and friends as Thanksgiving draws near.
Most of all, it’s unique. Love it or hate it, pumpkin spice is hard to ignore.
What if your advisory services were equally unique? What if when your clients thought of you or your firm, positive feelings and emotions were companions?
It is hard to be more nondescript than Spam. Compliance services may come the closest.
If Spam can create immense demand with pumpkin spice, so can you. Here is the recipe for pumpkin spice advisory services.
- One part compliance. Can be a tax return, an attestation report, or a monthly financial statement as part of a bookkeeping engagement.
- Generous dose of insight. What are the drivers behind the numbers? How do they compare to the prior quarter? The prior year? To industry benchmarks? What are the trends?
- Mix together using a proven framework to form an educated opinion about what latent opportunities exist and where they may be concealed.
- Shape into at least three actionable recommendations the client can take to help them be better and more competitive tomorrow than they are today.
- Serve in a personalized manner, possibly with a pumpkin spice latte or an equally distinct treat.
Your client’s will love both treats.
If Spam can make the unremarkable remarkable, you can too.